Are you shopping for a memory foam mattress? Are you feeling a bit overwhelmed by all the different options out there? Is this something you’d like some help with? If you answered yes to all of these questions, do not fear! There are only three important things you must know when purchasing an effective memory foam mattress:
• Temperature Sensitivity: It is very important to look for this feature when purchasing a memory foam mattress, as the bed will adjust not only to the temperature of your body but the environment also. For example, if your body is warm, the mattress will absorb that temperature and soften up, allowing for a better night’s sleep. Unfortunately, not every memory foam mattress on the market will be sensitive to temperature, so it is important that you look for this feature. If you already have a memory foam mattress you’d like to test this on, then use a zip lock bag of ice and place it on the mattress for a few minutes, you’ll then find that the area directly under the ice will be a lot firmer than the rest of the mattress.
• Density: One of the main things to consider, when choosing a memory foam mattress, is the density of the memory foam. The density of the memory foam can also be described as the weight of the mattress, which is measured in a cubic foot of foam. A lot of people are misguided when purchasing a mattress and are normally told they need something in the 3lb density range.
This is unfortunately untrue, and it is much more recommended to select a memory foam mattress between the density of 5.0-5.9lb. With densities lower than 5.0lb, the mattress will not have enough weight to support your lower back, shoulders, and hips. Beyond the density of 5.9, memory foam mattresses will be too firm to allow for full-body support.
• Thickness: When going out to purchase a memory foam mattress, it is also important to select one that has enough memory foam on the top layer. Usually, it is best to get a mattress that has been manufactured with at least 3.5 inches of memory foam as its top layer. If the layer is any thinner than this, then you run the risk of partly sleeping on the underlying polyurethane foam, which will cause you to have a very uncomfortable night’s sleep.
This might seem like a lot of information to digest, but it is important to keep these tips in mind so that it will make it easier for you to find the right one for your needs.
Getting a great night’s sleep is too important to sleep on anything else but a memory foam mattress!
Check out our recommendations for our top 3 Memory Foam mattresses.
1. Inofia Double Memory Foam and Pocket Spring Mattress: one customer review states “I had back problems before I purchased the Memory foam mattress but I am much better now, in fact, no back pain at all”
2. Angel Queen 4FT6 Double Mattress With The Gel Memory Foam: This mattress uses Gel memory cotton technology. Additionally Adding cold gel factor, the foam’s cells quickly disperse the air pressure, delivering good ventilation. You will have a refreshing feeling, releasing stress, and will not disturb your sleep.
3. DOSLEEPS Double Mattress 4FT6 9-Zone Pocket Sprung Mattress with Memory Foam and Tencel Fabric: Unlike the 2 previous mattresses the DOSLEEPS mattress is made out of Loycell fibers. This comfortable mattress is made of smooth Tencel Lyocell fibers absorbing moisture more efficiently than cotton with extraordinary moisture control properties.