London is a city of tremendous culture and history, with so much to see. It can be overwhelming when you’re deciding where in this great city your roots should settle! Whether looking for the bustling life on central London’s West End scene or something more quiet outside its limits – there are many options available that will suit any lifestyle perfectly.
With the varying house prices from area to area, where to buy will depend on your personal circumstances. There’s regeneration and development planned for areas throughout the capital though; the below developments could just be what you need!
Prince of Wales Drive (St William)
According to Knight Frank data, Battersea saw one of the top 5 locations to see significant annual uplift in new buyer registrations in the latter part of 2021, with an increase of 56%.
- Located in a leafy pocket of south west London, Prince of Wales Drive has established an exciting new neighbourhood in Battersea, offering thoughtfully considered homes alongside extensive green spaces and outstanding residents’ amenities, in a well-connected pocket of the capital.
- Spanning five acres, in total Prince of Wales Drive will deliver 926 new homes set amongst 2.5 acres of landscaping
- Upper Park Residences, the latest collection of homes to launch, represents the final phase of homes at Prince of Wales Drive, each offering exceptional views across the capital including neighbouring Battersea Park, as well as Battersea Power Station and across the City
- Upper Park Residences also introduces an impressive suite of exceptional residents’ amenities, including a 17m pool, sauna, steam room, business and co-working spaces, a games area, karaoke room, music room, library and a private cinema room, as well as a 24th floor bar and lounge
- Residents of Prince of Wales Drive will be within four minutes’ walk of the new Northern line Underground station at Battersea Power Station, making London’s west end accessible in 11 minutes and the business hubs of the City of London and London Bridge both 15 minutes away
- Residents also have direct access to the dynamic new district of Nine Elms, including Battersea Power Station for shopping, dining and socialising
- Prices start at £785,000. For further information please call +44(0)20 3813 9345 or visit the website at www.princeofwalesdrive.co.uk
The Clarendon (Regal London)
- Boasting a new, premium town centre address and set to be one of the tallest residential towers in Watford, The Clarendon will be an exquisite collection of 168 private residences comprising a mix of studio, one- and two-bedroom apartments and penthouses
- The first of their kind in the area, the apartments will feature a video entry smart panel, with engineered oak flooring and high-quality fitted carpet in the bedrooms. Kitchens will be contemporary in style, featuring quartz stone worktops and fully integrated Smeg appliances.
- The development will feature an impressive range of private residents’ facilities including two sky gardens located on the 7th and 25th floors, a state-of-the-art gymnasium, cinema, as well as a café, 24-hour concierge service and secure underground parking
- Centrally located on Clarendon Road, residents of The Clarendon will benefit from all that Watford has to offer – from its vibrant nightlife, theatres, bustling high street and local weekly market, to the abundance of green open spaces that are within walking distance
- The Clarendon will be within walking distance to Watford Junction (Overground and National Rail), from where regular direct trains from London Euston take just 15 minutes. Additionally, Watford Underground (Metropolitan Line) and Watford High Street Overground stations are also well positioned to offer residents at The Clarendon great transport connections to the whole of London.
- Prices start from £290,000. For further information, visit theclarendonwatford.co.uk
The Arches (St William)
- A collection of 92 suites, one and two-bedroom apartments with contemporary interiors and highly desirable outside space, with private balconies or terraces to each apartment
- Located within an eight-minute walk to Bushey Rail station, offering commuters swift connections to London Euston in just 19 minutes, residents at The Arches enjoy the best of both worlds, with excellent transport links into central London, whilst also benefiting from the tranquillity of country life nearby.
- With a range of one and two-bedrooms, prices start from £295,000 with Help to Buy available. For further information, please call 020 3930 1475 or visit www.thearcheswatford.co.uk
Fresh Wharf (Countryside)
- Fresh Wharf is Countryside’s new waterside development in Barking, east London. Situated on the banks of the River Roding and just ten minutes’ walk from Barking town centre, Fresh Wharf is providing 911 new homes along with new shops, cafes and parks on an 11-acre brownfield site.
- Swift House is a newly-launched collection of 1-, 2- and 3-bedroom riverside apartments, offering Help to Buy and prices from just £295,000, making the new homes perfect for first-time buyers.
- Finished to a high specification as standard, every home comes with a private balcony, while an impressive communal podium garden provides truly tranquil waterfront living.
- The first residents moved into Fresh Wharf in spring 2021, and a Triple Two Coffee shop is set to open in 2022 with Co-op convenience store to follow.
- Additional green space is also being created at Fresh Wharf through a publicly-accessible central park with lawns, seating and picnic areas. The walkway alongside the River Roding is also being enhanced with new reed beds, historical information boards and landscaping, while new cycle paths will encourage healthier journeys across the development and local area.
- For more information, call Countryside on 020 3733 1191 or visit www.freshwharf-barking.com
The Brentford Project (Ballymore)
- Spanning 11.8 acres in the very heart of Brentford, The Brentford Project, by Ballymore, will breathe fresh life into the neighbourhood, opening up previously undiscovered routes and transforming Brentford town centre.
- This significant regeneration will deliver 876 homes alongside expansive, beautifully designed landscaped spaces and an invigorated stretch of the high street offering a unique dining, entertainment, and shopping scene of over 50 new retail spaces with a selection of market-leading retailers, alongside a major supermarket, boutique cinema and traditional shops including a bakery, greengrocer and butcher.
- Inspired by the area’s waterfront heritage, the project will incorporate 11 buildings and reinstate Brentford’s historic connections to the water via a series of distinctive pedestrianised lanes and yards, paying homage to the area’s integral role in industrial London’s past.
- A series of characterful yards and lanes have been designed to seamlessly reconnect the high street with the waterfront. The peaceful passageways of the lanes will be dedicated to supporting emerging local businesses, home to a variety of boutiques, independent retailers, artisans, craftspeople and budding entrepreneurs.
- Down by the water, thoughtful public realm and an eclectic range of restaurants, cafés and pubs will line the frontage, creating a dynamic culinary offering.
- Brentford borders the picturesque neighbourhoods of Richmond, Chiswick and Kew, surrounded by green open space including the 300 acres of Kew Gardens and the 200 acres of Syon Park.
- Despite its leafy surroundings, central London is within easy reach via direct trains to London Waterloo in half an hour
- Pricing for a one-bedroom apartment starts at £445,000 for further information please contact 020 4502 7903 or visit www.thebrentfordproject.com
8 Harbord Square (Canary Wharf Group)
- New to the market, 8 Harbord Square is a collection of 82 loft style apartments and is the latest scheme by Canary Wharf Group.
- These open plan homes are inspired by the history of the London docklands and Canary Wharf and influenced by the warehouse districts of Lower Manhattan, with no fixed walls and exposed interior features.
- 8 Harbord Square forms a crucial part of Wood Wharf, a new and growing neighbourhood of Canary Wharf, comprising a well-considered mix of flexible offices, boutique retail, restaurants and spacious green spaces interspersed with architecturally outstanding residential buildings.
- Residents of 8 Harbord Square enjoy direct access to Harbord Square Park, whilst the building will be adjacent to The Lanes, which will bring a vibrant energy reminiscent of Soho, with an eclectic mix of shops, bars, cafes and restaurants.
- Residents will also benefit from all of the exciting aspects that make Canary Wharf a 15-minute city. With direct access to a wealth of independent and global brands, beautiful homeware stores, galleries, organic health food shops, pop-up street-food vendors and panoramic rooftop restaurants, Canary wharf offers you everything you could want to enjoy on your doorstep. Discover what’s going on around the Estate with the year-round arts and events programme.
- Canary Wharf Group also have two further developments, bringing further residential offerings to the area, namely One Park Drive and 10 Park Drive
- Completely unique and one-of-a-kind the apartments at 8 Harbord Square are available from £745,000. For more information, please visit: https://residential.canarywharf.com/8-harbord-square/
Old Kent Road
Bermondsey Place (Berkeley Homes)
- 2022 will see the launch of the first major chapter of the ambitious Old Kent Road masterplan, one of London’s largest regeneration plans centred around one of Britain’s most iconic ancient thoroughfares.
- Bermondsey Place, by Berkeley Homes, will transform a former brownfield site into a new mixed-use neighbourhood and public park, extending the 56 hectares of the famous Burgess Park.
- Representing the first opportunity to buy into this exciting new regeneration area, Bermondsey Place will create a new lifestyle quarter in SE1.
- Berkeley Homes is creating over 1,300 high quality new homes across five acres, with independent cafes’, boutiques and restaurants, new studio space and a new, publicly accessible park.
- The development will also deliver over 1,200 new jobs, 70 apprenticeship opportunities for local people and improved connectivity, including new pedestrian and cycle routes
- Pricing which will start from £385,000. For further information, please visit www.BermondseyPlace.com
- Alongside its desirable location surrounded by The Thames, Greenwich is home to a brilliant market, eclectic shops and bars, museums and galleries as well as acres of open space.
- It was also crowned the capital’s friendliest place to live in 2017.
- Areas such as Greenwich Peninsula are attracting those looking to live in contemporary apartments surrounded by fantastic transport connections and amenities and open space – as well as become part of a thriving new community.
Greenwich Peninsula (Knight Dragon)
- Upper Riverside is a prime new waterfront neighbourhood in the heart of London’s new cultural district, Greenwich Peninsula and introduces a striking addition to London’s iconic skyline with five glass prism-shaped towers
- The collection of studio, one, two and three-bedroom apartments, lofts and penthouses all enjoy uninterrupted views across the city and beyond
- Spread across Upper Riverside’s five iconic buildings is The Upper Riverside Club, a host of modern and convenient amenities and services that bring the best of work, rest and play to the doorstep. From a cinema room, gym and swimming pool and sauna to co-working and event spaces; from the concierge to the digital community app – life on the Peninsula is as easy and accessible as ever
- Taking a unique design approach, each of the buildings has been designed by a different British design icon, including Tom Dixon, Studio Ashby and Design Haus Liberty
- North Greenwich Station is a minute’s walk, with a direct line to Canary Wharf in just two minutes and London Bridge in eight minutes
- Prices start from £475,000 for a studio apartment, for further information, contact 020 3713 6153 or visit www.upperriverside.co.uk
- Kent is one of the best-connected counties in the country, a short journey into London and Europe by rail
- Offering stunning countryside, creative coastal communities, vibrant towns and cities and a renowned cultural scene
- Steeped in history, the historic landmarks of Kent attract 65million visitors a year
- Medway is currently running to become the next City of Culture, and the county is also a part of Thames Estuary Production Corridor which is set to become one of the UK’s largest creative production hubs in the next decade
- Living in Kent offers more than just a new way of life, with the average residential property price approximately 33% cheaper than London, you and your workforce can afford to put down roots but not compromise on excellent employment or access to the city when needed
- Kent is a great place for families to thrive too and was voted the top family destination in Europe by Lonely Planet. Kent has plenty to entertain the children and a wealth of outstanding schools to choose from – 23% of the UK’s grammar schools located in the county
Parkside Quarter at Rochester Riverside, Kent (Countryside)
- Rochester Riverside is Countryside and Hyde’s £419m landmark regeneration scheme in Medway
- Boasting excellent transport links, Rochester train station is just a three-minute walk from the development, with frequent services to London – St Pancras International station can be reached in just 37 minutes, and London Victoria is just under an hour away
- Rochester has been named in the top 3 most in-demand towns in Kent to live in 2021, with 1,100 sales last year
- Over the next 12 years, Countryside and Hyde will create a number of new amenities to complement the existing infrastructure. A hotel has opened on-site, along with a new Co-op supermarket and Costa Coffee shop. In addition to providing new homes and generous open green space, Countryside and Hyde will create a new primary school and nursery
- Following the success of the first phase of the development, Countryside has launched a new phase at Rochester Riverside – Parkside Quarter, with a range of apartments on offer
- Prices start from £285,000 for a two-bed apartment with Help To Buy available.https://www.countrysideproperties.com/all-developments/kent/parkside-quarter