House builders have been increasingly factoring raised podium gardens into new developments, not only to maximise space but also to enjoy views of the surrounding area, and create peaceful and private gardens for residents. Also, for some developments, there’s the added benefit of being directly accessible from residents’ homes.
The Brentford Project By Ballymore
The Brentford project is a new riverside town centre by House builder Ballymore. Perfectly positioned on the doorstep of west London’s famed parks and green spaces, this new West London waterfront development is uniquely located at the meeting point of the River Thames and the River Brent. Spanning 11.8 acres in the very heart of Brentford , The Brentford Project will encompass a series of raised podium gardens which overlook Workhouse Dock and across the water. Key features include:
- Adjacent to Workhouse Dock, Waterfront Square is a dedicated space for outdoor markets, performance and public events, designed to add to Brentford’s strong community feel
- An important commuter corridor into central London, trains from Brentford to London Waterloo take just 24 minutes, while nearby Boston Manor Underground station takes locals to Leicester Square within 32 minutes via the Piccadilly line
- Apartments at The Brentford Project feature contemporary open-plan layouts and floor-to-ceiling glazing, and many boast cantilevered terraces
- First completions of homes are expected in spring 2022 with the overall scheme due for completion in 2027
- Prices start from £445,000 for a one-bedroom suite. Visit www.thebrentfordproject.com or contact the sales team on 020 8569 7775
Kings Road Park by St William
Residents of King’s Road Park enjoy access to extensive green spaces throughout the new neighbourhood, including a landscaped residents’ podium garden
- King’s Road Park is a new landscape-led neighbourhood located just 60 metres from the King’s Road, which will deliver more than 1,800 new homes, extensive new green spaces, 100,000 sq ft of commercial space and 23,000 sq ft of world-class residents’ facilities
- Building on the area’s heritage and breathing new life into the former industrial site, King’s Road Park will create an impressive six acres of public park, central square and residents’ gardens
- Set at the heart of the new neighbourhood will be an open public park for residents to enjoy as well as a dedicated courtyard incorporating formal lawns, an ornamental water feature and a maze, along with a knot garden, seating areas, atrium which benefits from dedicated Wi-Fi-enabled outdoor workspaces
- Providing exceptional connectivity across the capital and beyond, Fulham Broadway Underground and Imperial Wharf Overground stations are both less than 10-minutes’ walk from King’s Road Park
- The apartment buildings have been thoughtfully positioned to ensure all homes benefit from views of the beautiful landscape, with many private balconies and panoramic terraces giving residents the opportunity to enjoy the tranquil green setting from the comfort of their own home
Prices at King’s Road Park start from £700,000 for a one-bedroom apartment. Visit www.kingsroadparksw6.com or call 020 3432 5831 for more information
Postmark by Taylor Wimpey Central London
Residents at Postmark will enjoy a new open public space covering 50% of the site along with raised podium gardens with wildflower meadows
- Postmark is set to offer 681 homes and become a new central destination for Londoners; once complete, over half the site will be home to public and private space, including open squares surrounded by retail, and public gardens with play areas
- Postmark features four distinct phases, with each designed by a different architect to reflect the architectural mosaic of the area
- The latest phase, Signature Place, incorporates 109 apartments across two striking buildings, alongside an impressive Wellness Centre – offering prospective buyers the very first insight into the unique lifestyle and amenities on offer
- Occupying a prime position within Farringdon, Postmark offers superb connections throughout the city and beyond. The neighbouring areas of Clerkenwell, Chancery Lane, King’s Cross and Old Street provide residents at this new address with quick and easy travel connections, with five London Underground stations within walking distance
- Residents of Postmark are also surrounded by some of London’s most renowned educational and cultural institutions – world-leading universities including the London School of Economics, King’s College London, University College London and SOAS University of London are all within close proximity
Prices at Postmark start from £955,000 for a one-bedroom apartment. Visit www.postmarklondon.co.uk or call 020 8003 0976 for more information
Lindley at Acton Gardens by Countryside
As part of the newest phase at Acton Gardens, residents of Lindley have access to a private residents’ courtyard and podium garden
- Lindley is the newest phase at Acton Gardens, Countryside and L&Q’s £800m regeneration of the South Acton estate in West London, launching on 13th February 2021.
- This is the highest building (14 storeys) to date at Acton Gardens, with views across West London and the London skyline.
- Lindley offers a niche collection of spacious one- and two-bedroom apartments, beautifully styled and equipped with the highest specification, including underfloor heating and German-designed kitchens.
- Residents benefit from an unrivalled location on a quiet corner of Acton Gardens, just two minutes’ walk from Acton Town Station, which is served by both the District and Piccadilly line.
- Most of the homes offer balconies and all have full use of a private residents’ courtyard and podium garden (above image is an example from a previous phase of Acton Gardens)
- Prices start from £450,000 for a one-bedroom apartment and £560,000 for a two-bedroom apartment.
- For more information, call Countryside on 020 3944 5580 or visit www.actongardens.co.uk